Top of page.
FINDING STUFF ONLINE!
Top of page.
BY SUBJECT AREA
Science | Math
| Economics | Foreign Language | Language Arts | Social Studies
| Technology | Health/PE | E.S.E. | E.S.O.L.|Multicultural
|Character Education | Interdisciplinary Studies
SCIENCE: Lesson Plans and Resources
MATHEMATICS: Lesson Plans and Resources
FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Lesson Plans and Resources
ECONOMICS: Lesson Plans and Resources
LANGUAGE ARTS: Lesson Plans and Resources
SOCIAL STUDIES: Lesson Plans and Resources
THE ARTS: Lesson Plans and Resources
MULTICULTURAL STUDIES: Resources
CHARACTER EDUCATION: Lesson Plans and Resources
INTER-DISCIPLINARY STUDIES: Lesson Plans and Resources
- Federal Resources: Social Studies
- FindLaw Constitutional
Law Center,an educational resource site
dedicated to the United States Constitution and the U.S Supreme Court.
- US Historical Documents
- From Revolution to Reconstruction A Hypertext project on US Historyhttp://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa
- Western Religions
- The Crusades and the Contributions of Islam
(SS.A.2.3.2 and SS.A.2.3.4) http://www.mrdowling.com/603mesopotamia.html
- Ships of the Ancient Greek
- Ancient Eygpt in the Virtual Classroom
- National Gallery of Art Has information about paintings and artists. This could also be used for Visual Arts.
- Conflicts in the Middle East
(SS.A.3.3.2 ) http://www.mrdowling.com/608conflicts.html
- The American Civil War Homepage
- National Women's History Project
(SS.A.4.3.3) National Women's History Project
- Constitution Day
(SS.A.4.3.3 and SS.A.4.3.4) http://www.nara.gov/education/teaching/constitution/home.html
- The Salem Witch Trials of 1692
- The Electric Ben Franklin
- The American Experience/Surviving the Dust Bowl
- St. Augustine's History
- Florida Department of State- Division of Historical Resources
- Red Rock Elementary School's Black History Links Dozens of excellent links to research Black Americans and Black History.
- Seminole Tribe- History, Where We Came From
- A Short History of Florida
- What do maps
- MapBlast Easy way to create a street map which can be
e-mailed or included on a website.
- Flag and Countries Quiz A fun way to practise the English names of countries and learn some national flags. Five levels of difficulty. Note: Requires Java.
- Teacher's Guide to the Holocaust
- National Geographic A comprehensive multi-media site
dealing with cultures & geographic locations.
(SS.B.1.3.4 and SS.B.2.3.2 ) http://www.nationalgeographic.com
- The Middle East and North Africa in the Virtual
- Florida CivicEd Interactive educational site on Florida government
includes videos, games, teacher lesson plans, documents, and discussion board.
- Close-Up Foundation This is a organization that helps sets up local
organizations within your area to do things such as participate in local government, community and volunterism
- EcEdWebThis site provides a wide variety of economics lessons. They
have assembled excellent lesson plans, activities, and quizzes.
(SS.D.2.3.1) a href="http://ecedweb.unomaha.edu
- Interactive Stock Market
- Mr. Dowling's Virtual Passport Browse the world in a virtual classroom.
(Awesome site for Social Studies resources.)
- Downloadable lesson plans and worksheets to
accompany Mr. Dowling's Virtual Classroom (see URL above).
- Mr. Dowling's Internet Resouces for Soc. Studies
- Mr. Donn's: Lesson Plans, Activities, and
- Lonely Planet - Destinations
- Lesson Plans: Grades 6-7 Social Studies
- Lesson Plans: Grade 8 Social Studies
- TRMS Virtual Library - Social Studies Resources
- ProTeacher! Social Studies lesson plans up to grade 6.
- Odyssey in Egypt: Ten-week unit on Egypt.
- Crossroads (K-16 American History
- ePlay! Features eBUGS adventures. Four classroom lesson plans accompany each two-week eBUGS adventure.
- Alexander the Great: History project
- American Revolution American History Archive
- American History 102: Civil War to the Present
- History/Social Studies Web Site for K-12 Teachers
Top of page.
Staff Development | School Improvement
| Grants and Funding
GRANTS AND FUNDING
- AOL at School Grade-level links and resources for students, teachers, and administrators.
- Federal Resources: Miscellaneous Resources
- iMatrix.Create multimedia presentations using images, sounds, and movies available in iMatrix and from other digital sources.
- FCAT Home Page FCAT Preparation at Florida High School Online.
- Newsbank. Username and password: 17700
- Free Federal Resources for Education Excellence Resources for all sujects.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators A wealth of information.
- HotSheet.Com Create and personalize your own resource page.
- Teacher's Corner at Black Hole Gang
- Project EDGE K-12 Curriculum Integration
- Puzzlemaker allows you to created puzzles, mazes, and crosswords on your own word lists.
- Teacher's Resources
- General Teacher Resource page
- Websites4Teachers Free websites for teachers.
- K-12 Internet Resources Search Page
Searchable database of web sites for Florida teachers.
- Teachers Helping Teachers
- Web Sites and Resources for Teachers
- Webquests in our Future The
Teacher's Role in Cyberspace.
- Internet Glossary
- U.S. Department of Education
- Homework Central: Teachers'
- Curricular Resouces and Networking Projects
- Discovery Channel-School Created by the Discovery
- TeachNet.Org A teachers network sponsored by
- Education World Resources for using the Internet in the
- Darrell Layfield's Bookmarks for Educators
- Cyberscout An internet service that will research for
ideas to correlate with your curriculum.
- Teacher@Work A list of over 1,500 sites for
- K-12 Education Ideas from Microsoft for integrating
techonology into your curriculum.
- Education World Education World (tm) Search Engine.
The surfing is over, here you will find links to all your education needs.
- Educational Clip
- The U.S. School PageResource Site for
- OdysseyJoin over 1,000,000 students as they travel
the world online.
- The Christa McAuliffe Fellowship Center
- The Academy E-pals School ListingA place where you
can register your class and find other classes which are interested in conducting an email exchange.
- D.J.'s Links for Teachers
- The Apple Learning Interchange Online forums and chats; online projects;
staff development courses; newsletters.
- Ask ERIC Virtual Library A personalized Internet-based service providing
- Ask Experts Online
Receive information from an expert in the field that you are researching
- Assessment Resources
A collaboration of tools for teachers to assess thier students
- Aunt Annie Craft Page
Takes the craft how-to book one step further by putting it on the computer and taking advantage of the flexibility that
the computer offers.
- Busy Teachers' WebSite
Provides teachers with direct source materials, lesson plans / classroom activities with a minimum of site-to-site
- The Center for Learning
Publications, resources, and services directed to the total educational experience - social, intellectual, and moral
development of youth.
- Digital Education Network
Teachers and parents can access timely content for classroom or home use, and introduce students directly to the
Internet education experience.
- Education Profile Onlinefrom Australia.
A way to quantify student, class, and school progress without giving up holistic processes and methods.
- Epals: Email Classroom Exchange
Provides students witha teacher monitored opportunity to meet and correspond with other classrooms in 4 countries.
- Sites for Educators
- The Global Schoolhouse
Focuses on using communications technologies to support learning.
- Information network of the Society for Information Technology and
Teacher Education (InSITE)
Dedicated to exploring ways in which the Internet can benefit teacher education programs around the world.
- Instructional Technology Program at USF
Provides leadership and support services to educational institutions; develops instructional materials and databases
Collaboration of learning resources grouped by subject.
- Keypal Sites
Connect with students and teachers all over the world.
- Kids can learn on their own
- Wee Moose's Educational Resources Multipurpose
page for teachers.
- Library of Congress Educational Resources
- The School Center
Allows students, teachers, parents, and administrators to update internet content, take on-line tests, view school
information, or participation in an on-line message exchange.
- Searching with The Online Educator
Archive of educational links.
- Skewl Sites
- Stage Hand Puppets
Design your own puppets.
- Teacher Center
Tools for Math, Reading and Language Arts, and Social Studies teachers.
- Ultimate Collection of Newspapers(over 6000!)
- Teacher's Guide to the US Department of
- Teacher's Resource Guide Resource
Collection for Online Instructors.
- Teachnet Collaboration of online resources.
- ThinkWave Software
An email enabled gradebook.
- Welcome to TCM!Teacher-created materials.
- Welcome to Teacher Talk Forum
- Online Educational ResourcesCompiled by N.A.S.A.
- Odyssey of the Mind
- Macintosh Educator's Site
- The Internet Public Library
- The Nobel Foundation
- Smithsonian Education
- Learning Page of the Library of Congress
- Teacher Talk Home Page
- Newbery Classroom Home
- Children Now
- Online Educator: Welcome
- Numerous educational links organized by subject area
- Calif. St. Univ. Homepage Good resource for lesson plans and
- Lots of great resources for students and teachers.
- Informational web site that promotes awareness
and use of software in Academia.
- Distance Learning for teachers in small rural school
- List of class and individual Internet projects.
- Ideas of how teachers can use the Internet
in the classroom.
- Homework Heaven Good all-purpose resource site.
- Freezone. Fun site with jokes, puzzles, e-pals, and the ability for kids to set
up their own Web site.
- Exploratorium 10 Cool Sites
- Mighty Media's Teacher Talk
- Hotlist of K-12 Internet School Sites
- Busy Teachers Web
- T & L Online (Teach and Learn)
- Learn the 'Net on the Net
Top of page.
- Florida Department of Education D.O.E.'s Homepage.
- F.I.R.N. Florida Internet Resource Network.
- target="new"Heartland Educational Consortium
Serving 6 Central Florida school districts.
- The Florida Learning Alliance
Serving over 41 rural school districts. - (State Level)
- Search SMS Library through Sunlink
- Florida Education Channel] -
[Schedule of Programs] -
[Program Description. Distance Learning.
- Florida Online High School Distance Learning.
- Tuesday Teacher Training Staff development.
- Florida Public Schools and Organizations
Resource guide for Florida's Sunshine Standards.
- SUNLINK on the World Wide Web
- FCAT Home Page FCAT Preparation at Florida High School Online.
- FCAT Standards for Math, Reading, and Writing
(Strands beginning with the numeral 3 refer to middle school standards).
Support for Teachers Enhancing Performance in
Schools (STEPS) Facilitates teachers in the development of instructional lessons,
units, and curricula aligned to Florida's Sunshine State Standards.
Electronic Curriculum Planning Tool Available for
- Intech2000 Forum Collaborative
directory created by and for Florida educators. Extensive materials on the Sunshine Standards.
- Beacon Learning Alliance Lesson plans and resources for teachers, parents, and students correlated to the Florida Sunshine Standards.
- Florida Writes Tutorial
- Beacon Software Training Manuals for Teachers (Grades 6-8).
- School District Data and Superintendents by County
- PACEE Panhandle Area Center for Educational
- Digital Florida
Free and copyright free images, sounds, movies about Florida submitted by Floridians for use by Florida teachers and
- The Internet: Ideas,Activities,Resources
Learn more about the Internet and other telecommunications networks, services available through FIRN, and how to
integrate telecommunications into education.
- K-12 WebLinks
Searchable database of web sites identified by teachers as useful in the classroom and correlated to the Sunshine
- Highlands County Schools Maintained by Saundra Hart, district technology resource person.
- Highlands County Schools Home Page Official Webpage.
- Florida Universities List of all Florida Universties
- Florida Community Colleges List of all Florida Community Colleges.
- The Florida Division of Blind Services (DBS)
- Occupational Access & Opportunity Commission
- Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology
- The Family Network on Disabilities of Florida
Top of page.
- NAESP National Principal Resource Center.
- Administrator's Resources on the Net
- American Association of School Administrators
- Education Week--Best of the Web
- National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP)
- North Central Regional Education Laboratory (NCREL)
For questions, comments, or concerns regarding
the content of this page, please contact: