|We appreciate your interest in seeking employment with the School Board of Highlands County. We have designed this website to assist you with your job search and to ensure that you understand the requirements necessary to be employed.
If you need assistance based on reasonable accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) please call 863-471-5791
|Before You Can Be Considered for Employment
It is the applicant's responsibility to review the current job vacancies, submit a completed application (including supporting documentation), and apply for each vacancy desired.
Current Vacancies are posted online.
If you are currently serving probation you will not be eligible for employment.
Applicants must complete the following steps in order to be considered eligible for job vacancies:
- Submit an online application listing three (3) professional references. Although written references are not required to complete an application, written references are evaluated as part of the screening process for Instructional/Administrative applicants to determine eligibility for interview.
- Attach verification of high school diploma, GED, college degree, or copy of official transcripts (web portal transcripts are not acceptable) from an acceptable accredited institution.
- Applicants claiming Veterans Preference must provide a copy of their DD-214 or other supporting documentation to verify eligibility.
- Instructional/Administrative applicants may attach FLDOE Statement of Eligibility and/or Valid Florida Educator's Certificate.
- Administrative applicants are required to complete the Leadership Standards and Self-Assessment documents prior to the job closing date. Documents will be sent via email upon submission of application. Upon completion of application and supporting documentation, eligible applicants will be required to complete the Targeted Selection Interview (TSI) process as outlined below:
• TSI is conducted via a face-to-face model only; applicants must be available to attend in order to continue with the interview process
• Passing scores remain valid for five (5) years. If the applicant has successfully completed TSI within the past five (5) years and can provide documentation he/she will not be required to repeat the process.
• If the applicant does not successfully complete TSI, he/she will not be eligible to advance to the next phase of the interview process.
• The TSI process differs for the various types of administrative positions; applicants should inquire if TSI is required for the position of interest.
- Select the specific Vacancy Desired for each vacancy of interest. Also, click on the Finish and Submit button on the application to complete the application process.
- Non-Instructional applicants may be required to take and pass additional tests based on minimum job requirements posted on each advertised vacancy. Submit completed application for screening by HRRPD for each vacancy of interest. If testing is required, applicant will receive an email with instructions to schedule the appropriate skills test(s). Testing is conducted at an off-site testing center.
• ALL tests must be completed and passed prior to the job closing date in order to be considered eligible for interview.
- Administrators review the completed applications and select candidates for interview based on qualifications and requirements for the position. All candidates selected for interview will be contacted directly from the hiring school/department. Please ensure that your application reflects your most current contact information.
- Upon offer and acceptance of employment, new hire onboarding must be scheduled at which time fees for drug testing, fingerprinting, and certification (instructional, administrative, substitute and coaching) will be incurred by the new hire. Please review additional conditions on the New Hire Information page.
- If you are offered a job, you will be required to be fingerprinted and undergo a drug screening at your own expense
- If you have a criminal history, you may be required to provide court disposition information
- If you are currently serving probation you will not be eligible for employment
- If you are hired and it is found that you falsified your application in regard to reporting criminal history information, you may be dismissed
- If you have any questions, contact a human resources representative for assistance
THE SCHOOL BOARD OF HIGHLANDS COUNTY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITY AND VETERAN'S PREFERENCE EMPLOYER
This site requires Acrobat Reader to view documents