- Students entering kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before September 1 of the current year.
- Students entering first grade must be 6 years old on or before September 1 of the current year.
|Students entering any Florida public school for the
first time must have the following:
- Children under 18 must have a parent or guardian present at registration. Students who are 18 must have proof of their age.
- Evidence of the child's birth date.
(Birth certificate or other acceptable evidence may be required as per F.S. 1003.21(4)(a-g)
- A certificate of immunization against communicable diseases (F.S. 1003.22)
(View Immunization Requirements )
- Evidence of a physical examination within the last twelve months (F.S. 1003.22): A 30-day waiver for physical examinations will be approved upon initial enrollment for students who have been enrolled in a public school. This waiver WILL NOT be approved for students who have not been enrolled in a public school. (Schools must provide assistance in obtaining this information).
- Proof of Residence. Documentation such as homestead exemption, lease or rental agreement or utility deposit will be required upon entrance to school
- Children entering, attending, or transferring to the Florida schools will be required to complete vaccination against Hepatitis B, a second dose of measles vaccine (preferably MMR), and a tetanus-diphtheria booster (F.S. 1003.22)
- Homeless children have a 30-day, temporary exemption from evidence of birth, school-entry health examination and immunization requirements. (F.S. 1003.22(1))
|In-County Transfer Students
The parent/guardian of students currently enrolled in a Highlands County school and transferring prior to or within the school year to another school within the district due to an approved attendance waiver or change of address must:
- Withdraw the student from the current school of attendance
- Enroll the student in the school to which they are transferring
This site requires Acrobat Reader to view documents